Menu
DavidShush
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Internet Slow/Dropping Out - High Jitter/Lag Gaming SG4

Connection has become unusable today. Started few months ago noticing lag during gaming. Then drop outs when connecting my phone. Finally today it's all gone to hell and it takes an age to load a page. Tried resetting etc.Need internet for some work so really need this sorted. 

Please can you send an engineer out to fix whatever it is that's wrong. Start at the half open green box outside I guess? I've not changed any of my settings here so it must be your end.

0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Slow/Dropping Out - High Jitter/Lag Gaming SG4

Hello @DavidShush

Unfortunately I can’t send an engineer out you will have to contact Virgin Media Tech Support for that but due to the current COVID restrictions this may be unavailable. 

May I suggest you call them and see what they say. It may be a problem with their cabling, etc outside your property. 

If this has been happening recently then check that the coaxial cable is tightened (either screwed or pushed) firmly into the back of the hub and the white interior wall socket. If nothing improves it may be your hub. If this is the case may I also suggest you invest in a better router as the ones Virgin provide aren’t the best especially for high usage. 

Hope this helps 😊

0 Kudos
DavidShush
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Of course there'd be no replies in over a week. I've only been with Virgin Media since they took over NTL. How silly of me. 

0 Kudos
DavidShush
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Getting really bad packet loss during the day. Download fail, gaming is unplayable, and sometimes trades I make aren't going through(which is very worrying). When is this going to be fixed? Do I need to cancel my direct debit and move over to Vodafone or BT?

0 Kudos
DavidShush
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

image_2021-02-24_115950.png

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Posting some logs would help....

Post back the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages as text

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
DavidShush
Dialled in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Logs? 

I appreciate the help but I find it funny that customers are expected to do this. I might not know how to post logs but I know how to cancel a direct debit. Having read other forums suggesting Virgin isn't the company if you want to have a pleasant online gaming experience. And with having to refresh pages regularly lately, I don't think it's up to much for day to day browsing either or reliability either.

It seems to work fine when I get home from work around 5am. Then around 7-8am the problems come back. 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Don't cancel your direct debit

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Abysmal-amp-Non-Existent-Customer-S....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And regarding your problem, that's the same as this.

The smooth trace of your BQM between 12:30am and 8:00am shows there's nothing physically wrong with the connection, and that power and noise levels are where they should be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@DavidShush wrote:

Logs? 

I appreciate the help but I find it funny that customers are expected to do this. I might not know how to post logs but I know how to cancel a direct debit. Having read other forums suggesting Virgin isn't the company if you want to have a pleasant online gaming experience. And with having to refresh pages regularly lately, I don't think it's up to much for day to day browsing either or reliability either.

It seems to work fine when I get home from work around 5am. Then around 7-8am the problems come back. 

OK don't post them.

Wait 5-10 days for a forum rep to reply.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos