Menu
belgowho
Joining in
Message 71 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Intermittently Cutting Out

Having the call issues myself. On Citrix calls through VPN, I can hear and see everything but they hear broken sound from me - never consistent with issue coming up intermittently. I also see the screen drop for a few seconds. Issues also happen with whatsapp calls with connection issues. Might purchase a wifi 6 router to see if that resolves issue but concerned that previous poster said he uses virgin router in modem mode with separate router but still has issue.
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 72 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi belgowho, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with service whilst making video calls. 

Can you please confirm if this is all occurring on the one device or across multiple devices please? Do you have this issue when connect via WiFi or Ethernet please? 

Let us know and we will do all we can to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
JS24
Joining in
Message 73 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Having the exact same issue. Trying to get a new router out of Virgin is proving difficult but will ring them tomorrow rather than go through the community PM's. We've had an engineer out, done EVERYTHING Virgin have asked...still goes off several Times a day. Really inconvenient for online gaming. Disappointed with the reluctance to send a new router out.

0 Kudos
dunhackin
Tuning in
Message 74 of 76
Flag for a moderator

So... my problem now seems to be resolved although I can't tell you what fixed it. After the previously-mentioned call with VM, I *think* they pushed some code to the hub. Since there's no on-line customer-facing incident/ticketing system I can't quickly find out. However. About 24 hours later, I noticed that my ping tests to the 3rd & 5th route hops and Google's DNS had been running clean for quite a while. Left it running for another day and the packet loss is in single figures from 10,000+ transmitted, i.e. 'normal' levels.

I'd love to be able to point to a specific fix, for those of you that still have issues, but about the best I can do is suggest that you run the 'ping' tests for a lengthy period (24+ hours) as I did to get some hard numbers and then call VM and hope you get a guy that actually wants to listen and help.

In the meantime, and probably unrelated, VM apparently did some work on their kit on the 15th July; we had warnings of possible outages but didn't lose anything. Guessing it might be something to do with the 1Gbps service perhaps.

0 Kudos
belgowho
Joining in
Message 75 of 76
Flag for a moderator

This is through wifi and ethernet. Across all phone and laptop devices 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 76 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi dunhackin,

Thank you for your post keeping us updated. 

If you do have any other issues in the future, please do let us know. 

^Martin

0 Kudos