cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Intermittently Cutting Out

garetht1985
Tuning in

Having a tricky issue and looking for some help. 

Throughout the day, my internet cuts out for a minute or so before reconnecting. Seems to happen more when I’m using more bandwidth, particularly video conferencing with work. The WiFi signal remains active but I lose all connection. Happens to all devices simultaneously so can’t be the work laptop or anything like that. Happens far less frequently on evenings and weekends so at a loss on what could cause it. 

Issue started maybe 6 weeks ago but has grown more frequent ever since. Starting to impact my home working, particularly as I’m the guy who keeps disappearing from video calls!

Router is a Superhub 3 and it’s a 100mb fibre connection that was flawless up until this issue. 

All suggestions appreciated, cheers 

82 REPLIES 82

I’ve had this issue for over 6 months where the internet continually drops throughout the day and night. I’ve had several reboots and factory resets of the router and had an engineer out to check everything but there’s no improvement. Post code is BT61. Do I need a new router? I’m currently using Hub 3.0

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mricycold,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums - I'm very sorry to hear you've been having ongoing issues with your hub.

Just to get a better understanding of the situation, could you confirm a few things:

• Are the drop-outs affecting all/ most of your devices or certain ones in particular?
  • Do they occur frequently at the same time of day or at random times?
  • Are the drop-outs happening over WiFi or are any wired connection affected too?
  • What has been advised by our engineer when you had the visit?

Let us know - we can try our best to help.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

• drop outs are affecting all devices.(as I tried to post this reply it done it my desktop which is wired went off and my phone which is wireless went off same time for 10 seconds)

• they occur random but frequently.

• drop outs are over both WiFi and wired.

• I have not been sent and engineer as after my 40 min call that they just insisted my broadband is perfect and had no drop outs. Basically saying i was  lying about the whole thing as it doesn't show on there end. Seemed like they had less of a clue about broadband than me and I don't know anything to be honest. No people skills either so that's why I'm here.

Who is being replied to here - looks like there are 4 different people in this thread!

ALways best to start your own threads so people can work out to whom the problem belongs!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi, i have the exact same problem. Internet cuts intermittently during the day for 1-2 mins for the last 6 months. I tried to call you but couldn't reach your call center. Can you please urgently help me  since this starts to affect my job? thanks

Hi James20211, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your internet connection. Taking a look at things this end, I can see your power levels are in need of some adjusting. 

I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi aliyanik, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi James20211,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me via private message @aliyanik.

Checking the account I can see there is a prolonged power level issue. In order to resolve this we will need someone to come out to check on things for you. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for arranging an appointment - timing is all good. I will let you know how it goes.

Best,

Ali