cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Drop outs

rhorsted77
Joining in

Hi please help I've had your system for 3 weeks and still not managed to stream or work online for a whole day without the internet Drop outs happening. I've had an engineer out who advised we should buy a new router (which was strange as the one you gave me was under a week old). In fact as I'm typing this I've had to switch to mobile data. Please help as I'm about to send the router et all back to head office and resetup my contract with BT which I had 5 years without any problems. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK first thing to know is...

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

Tech saying get your own router implies that they thought it is just a wifi interfence issue and not network connection/faulty Hub related.

If you cancel VM after 14 days from connection you will be subject to early disconnections fees.

Some information on cancelling & early disconnection fees are here...

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rhorsted77,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the connection. I've had a look at things from our side and can see you've been able to contact us to arrange an engineer visit.

If you do need anything else please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex it's still not solved. It improved slightly for a few days but exactly the same problem again. It's a shambles. I was actually told by one of your team I should upgrade my package and that would solve the problem. Haha this is becoming a joke. I wouldn't mind but I tied into this crap for 18 months. If any one out there is thinking of buying Virgin avoid it like the plague. 

Hey rhorsted77, thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to hear you've still been having these issues.

Our speeds are designed for so many devices to be connected at once so for example 100MBS is For busy households with 5-9 devices.

I have taken a look from our side and I cannot see any issues everything looks very healthy.

I am going to send you a PM so we can have a look into this for you. Please lookout for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?