Menu
Amile2000
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet Cuts Out

Hi there, 

Our Virgin Media broadband cuts out constantly. It’s causing us problems with home working as the signal drops during Zoom calls. It’s even worse with Skype.

We have our hub 3.0 in the lounge, the other end of the flat from our bedrooms. VM sent a booster, which is right outside my bedroom but I get NO Internet in my room. It’s very patchy at best and not enough to do a Zoom call on. My housemate’s bedroom is about 5 metres from the hub and his internet works fine, so we think my room is a black spot.

The signal also drops in the lounge constantly, which is strange, since the hub is in there.

We’ve checked wires, restarted the hub and tried moving the booster. Our downstairs neighbours are also with VM and an engineer told them that the wiring in our house is bad and fixed their WiFi. They also have four boosters in their flat!

We desperately need an engineer. We spent over an hour on hold to VM and no luck. I tried again this morning - the line told me to restart the hub and then hung up on me. We’re looking at cancelling our contract with VM if they don’t sort it out. Please can someone reading this contact me to send an engineer? Appreciate you’re very busy in a lockdown but we need WiFi in order to do our jobs. I’m currently hotspotting off my work phone, which is not a sustainable solution.

Thanks,

Amelia

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Cuts Out

Do wired connections also drop out?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos