cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Box Cover Falling Off

MelbourneMan72
Joining in

Hello,

Our brown internet box outside of our house has a cover that is slowly falling off leaving the wires exposed, I've done my best to put a rubber band on it but it won't hold it forever, especially in British weather.

This happened last year (feb 2022) and Virgin Media sent an engineer around to fix it back on, if we could achieve this once again that would be fantastic!

Kind Regards,

Matthew

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Legend

Try reporting this as:  Plastic termination box / Missing cover

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/reportingdamage

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Matthew 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting! 

Sorry to hear about the issue with your cabling cover again. Were you able to try the link posted by community above?

We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you if needed. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋

Just returning to this public thread to keep it updated! Thanks to MelbourneMan72 for PMing with me. 

We were able to get the details we needed and book in an appointment to get this resolved. 

Hope this goes well! Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Please do let us know if there is anything else you need our support with. Wishing you all the best. 🌞 

Molly

ciworks
Tuning in

Hi everybody,

Sorry to hijack the thread but I am another VM customer with the same issue.  The plastic cover has been badly damaged (by what/whom I have no idea) and the wires are exposed to the elements.

Can a Forum admin get in touch to help resolve this please.

Photos attached.

2023-10-30-15-45-47-293.jpg

2023-10-30-15-45-43-947.jpg

Hi ciworks, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear the external box has been damaged. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ciworks
Tuning in

Thanks Kath_F, I've replied in a private message.

Hi ciworks, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment and sent you details of the appointment via direct message. 

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ciworks
Tuning in

Thanks Kath_F,

I've waited for the Engineer on two seperate ocassions so far and they were sick the first time and failed to show up the second - I've scheduled another appointment for this Friday so fingers crossed they'll actually show!

Thank you @ciworks 

Please do let us know how things are looking after today and hopefully our team can get this resolved as soon as possible.