Menu
Trouble shooter
Message 1 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Internet Been Flaky recently - engineer for area (CR2 9DQ)?

Hi. 

Our street (CR2 9DQ) has had flaky internet recently (we have a WhatsApp group so the whole street can report issues). 

We had an instant outage (about 10 seconds) last night around 9pm (green WiFi light on Hub 3 was flickering) and also the same thing on Sunday when we heard adverse weather. 

There must be some kind of issue in the cabinet at the top of the road OR within the drain in the pavement (which is outside my neighbour’s house) where all the connections are. The issues don’t appear to be in the houses because when the internet drops briefly, it’s the whole street that is affected. 

Can a street  engineer be sent to take a look at this please?

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Been Flaky recently - engineer for area (CR2 9DQ)?

Dean.. you are a seasoned poster on here 🙂 so you know that for a quicker response you - and/or - others will need to report it on the phone so VM  are aware of the problem and can flag it as a known fault. Has that been done - if so should be showing (with more info) on 0800 561 0061

You can all also text them on 07533 051809 include account names/numbers and what the issue is – replies may take longer of course.

If not, you know that VM persons can take up to a week to respond here and sort a tech visit - or I can flag for their attention if nothing is showing on 0800 and you cant get through 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

Dean.. you are a seasoned poster on here 🙂 so you know that for a quicker response you - and/or - others will need to report it on the phone so VM  are aware of the problem and can flag it as a known fault. Has that been done - if so should be showing (with more info) on 0800 561 0061

You can all also text them on 07533 051809 include account names/numbers and what the issue is – replies may take longer of course.

If not, you know that VM persons can take up to a week to respond here and sort a tech visit - or I can flag for their attention if nothing is showing on 0800 and you cant get through 🙂

Hi. 

I didn’t report over the phone as the process is very convoluted + the issue is very intermittent so it’s hard to actually report it as a fault. 

However, if you COULD flag this for me, it would be very appreciated. 

😊

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi deans6571,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the connection.

I can't see any area issues, and the hub looks to be within the specifications we would expect.

I can see it's been some time since the hub was rebooted, can you please do this and let me know once done, and I'll take a closer look at the network

If you could also set up a BQM so we can see what's happening your side.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@Alex_RM wrote:

Hi deans6571,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the connection.

I can't see any area issues, and the hub looks to be within the specifications we would expect.

I can see it's been some time since the hub was rebooted, can you please do this and let me know once done, and I'll take a closer look at the network

Alex_Rm

Hi. 

I’ll post my BQM tomorrow as on my iPad currently so a little difficult to post. 

The issue is NOT my Hub so rebooting will make no difference. It’s a street issue as this is affecting ALL customers who are with Virgin (we have a WhatsApp group so they have all been commenting they experienced issues like myself) on my street hence why I have asked if an engineer can come out to look at the cabinet for our street OR the drain in the pavement which houses the connections (which is outside my neighbour’s house). 

Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@deans6571 wrote:

@Alex_RM wrote:

Hi deans6571,

Alex_Rm

Hi. 

I’ll post my BQM tomorrow as on my iPad currently so a little difficult to post. 

The issue is NOT my Hub so rebooting will make no difference. It’s a street issue as this is affecting ALL customers who are with Virgin (we have a WhatsApp group so they have all been commenting they experienced issues like myself) on my street hence why I have asked if an engineer can come out to look at the cabinet for our street OR the drain in the pavement which houses the connections (which is outside my neighbour’s house). 

Here are my graphs for the past few days:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d0984b867afbb237497b813fca02264f5b...

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Please do keep us posted when done as we're keen to get this sorted for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Please do keep us posted when done as we're keen to get this sorted for you

Kind regards,

...sorry what??!

I've already posted my graphs in message 6 above??!!

Its over to you now to investigate the issue......

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deans6571,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Usually what we would ask you to do is just follow these links in order to try and resolve it before we have a look- 
Slow Speeds Help
Intermittent Connection

Can't Connect
We may also ask you for a bit more information so we can understand your specific issue like have you checked your speed using our Speed test site Speed Test, We may also ask you to use a BMQ graph to gain more of an insight into your HUB's performance. Which I can se you have done, thank you so much for that! We also may need to you reboot your HUB so that the data on the HUB's logs can reset, this helps the performance and also helps us identify any issues on our side. 

I can see from your BMQ graph that you are experiencing quite dramatic lag and latency spikes as well as drop outs, I can tell just from looking at that how frustrated you must be! I am sorry Dean 😞

I have also taken the time to look into your services on my side and can see your HUB has not been rebooted in 50 days which can cause significant issues, once of which you are experiencing at the moment. Rebooting allows the data in the logs to reset, allowing a smoother performance. Can you please reboot for me? I will have a second look after you've done this.

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@Megan_L wrote:

Hi Deans6571,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Usually what we would ask you to do is just follow these links in order to try and resolve it before we have a look- 
Slow Speeds Help
Intermittent Connection

Can't Connect
We may also ask you for a bit more information so we can understand your specific issue like have you checked your speed using our Speed test site Speed Test, We may also ask you to use a BMQ graph to gain more of an insight into your HUB's performance. Which I can se you have done, thank you so much for that! We also may need to you reboot your HUB so that the data on the HUB's logs can reset, this helps the performance and also helps us identify any issues on our side. 

I can see from your BMQ graph that you are experiencing quite dramatic lag and latency spikes as well as drop outs, I can tell just from looking at that how frustrated you must be! I am sorry Dean 😞

I have also taken the time to look into your services on my side and can see your HUB has not been rebooted in 50 days which can cause significant issues, once of which you are experiencing at the moment. Rebooting allows the data in the logs to reset, allowing a smoother performance. Can you please reboot for me? I will have a second look after you've done this.

Thanks, 

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

Thanks for that response - I will reboot at some point tomorrow (once everyone at home is off the internet) and will repost here once done.