cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet - Access Denied, odd behaviour on router login page

randybaton
On our wavelength

The past 2 days around 11:30 my internet has dies and following troubleshooting an engineer has been booked, but both days the visit has been cancelled as they've found a fault in my area.

But they way my router is behaving is odd, the first tiem I logged in in was slow but the login was as usual. I tried again a few minutes later and it started with the 'welcome choose your language' page and i had to log in with my routers default password. All my settings were still there though. Everything started working again about an hour later

Today when it went down my router went straight to not accepting my usual password and started with the  'welcome choose your language' page. It came back up about an hour later, then went down about an hour after that. This time when i logged in to the router the branding was blue (not the virgin red) and it the top right it sais UPC and it said i was connected to a 'connect box'. I'd guess that the Virgin media hub is a rebranded UPC connect box. 

I kind of feel like this isn't a network issue but something going on with hy hub, maybe a firmware upgrade? gone astray?

Obviously I can't actually speak to anyone at Virgin....

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. on faults -  and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

yes i know that, its the first thing i check, but network issue don't normally cause the super hub to reset its login or show a completely different home page. This is what mine looked like earlier, total lack of virgin branding.

Screenshot 2023-06-14 140842.png 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the service issues faced randybaton,

Welcome back tp the community 

Can I ask regarding this matter, has there been an area fault raised at all?

Also is that appearing on all devices?

Regards,

Kain