Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internal memory on Hub 3

Is there any way of resetting the internal memory of the Hub in order that it resets all the changes made to the MAC addresses and so on?

Thanks, Jamm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internal memory on Hub 3

Is this a different question to your other thread?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's similar, but I cannot find a way to delete it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pin-hole reset is the only way. Why do you need to do it?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Tudor wrote:

Pin-hole reset is the only way. Why do you need to do it?

He/she has been told about the pinhole reset on his/her other thread

Because he/she has named some connected devices and wants to wipe them.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why do I want to do it?  Actually, I don't.  I actually want to find out what devices have been attached to my router (their MAC addresses).  However, everyone insisted there's no way to find out that, but IF the device had been renamed then it seems possible to find out, from the internal memory, what the MAC address was if it had been renamed.  A long shot, sure, but I was just thinking the process through.  My thought was that the information is actually there... even if no one seems to know how to get it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

MAC addresses are useless for trying to track devices, they are so easily counterfeited. So you could get a physical device connected twice in one hour with completely different MAC addresses.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos