Menu
Mo2810
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent wifi

I'm working from home and my WiFi is regularly loosing signal. I am working about a metre from the hub. The laptop I have doesn't have an Ethernet connection so I have to rely on the WiFi. When the signal goes no devices will connect at all. I'm resetting the hub at least twice a week. When I log on and check service status it says no issues but this signal loss is severely affecting my work now

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent wifi

you can get a USB ethernet adapter
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Mo2810

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some broadband issues currently and have been unable to test a wired connection.

We usually ask to test a wired connection so we can see if the issue is with the broadband as a whole or just the WiFi.

I have located your account from here to run through a few checks with you and can see that you rebooted around 2 days ago. We have no known area issues showing and no errors showing at this end either. All your signal levels are within the parameters we would expect for your package and equipment. 

However, I can see that there may be an issue with your WiFi connections from what we can see. I can see that one of the devices is on the incorrect band; this may be causing issues with connectivity and speed. I would advise to try moving to the 2.4Ghz band to see if that helps with this connected device. 

Keep us posted

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mo2810
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. I've now connected the laptop through a wired connection using a usb/ethernet adapter. I've had no issues today but as I said it comes and goes so will monitor this. I'll change the band that device is on and see if this helps also. Thanks for your help 😊

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for popping back so quickly @Mo2810,glad that the wired connection seems to be working ok for you currently. 

Do let us know how it goes with the frequency change too. If you're still having issues, it might be worth setting up a BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor).  This will continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection.

Keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Mo2810
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'll definitely do that. Thanks for all your help its much appreciated 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

More than welcome @Mo2810

Stay safe

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos