Menu
Arcticfox1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent wifi

In the last week we either have had intermittent or no wifi on several devices. Ran WiFi speed tests and getting 30mbps. We are currently on a 200mbps contract. The speed was great at the start but progressively got worst as our contract has went on.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent wifi

Always run speed test on wired devices to prove your getting the correct speed.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arcticfox1977, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the speed, can you run a speed test using a wired connection on a PC/ laptop with a 1GB network card and let us know the results. Chris

0 Kudos
Arcticfox1977
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My speed is between 150 -210 Mbps on ethernet. This is great if we can hook every device on ethernet. However, these days majority of people use wi-fi and this is where virgin falls. The WiFi signal on your routers are very poor

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Luckily you don’t pay for wireless speeds.

If you want to improve them get your own router or mesh system and put the hub into modem mode. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
nickw310771
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b7641d79b0f2bf40abf7347d827e7139168ee041-28-01-2021

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arcticfox1977, thanks for the message, we have checked the area and there may be an issue, I will send you a PM to look into this further for you. Chris

0 Kudos