Menu
iDanScott
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent wifi

Hi, I currently have an issue where every now and again, my router seems to disable the wifi or crash for some reason. I know it is a router issue as multiple devices get kicked off the wifi at the same time. I have the Virgin Hub 3 and my diagnostics output where it does not state an issue regarding wifi distance is as follows: 

1Gateway IPv4 address is valid.
2Your broadband connection is working.
3The temperature of your Hub 3.0 is normal.
4The status of telephone line 1 is not ready.
5The status of telephone line 2 is not ready.

I have mutliple messages about wifi device not being close enough but I think I can ignore those.

Is there anywhere I can look for further diagnostic information?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent wifi

Hi iDanScott,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm really sorry that you've been experiencing broadband issues, we can certainly take a look at resolving this for you.

First of all, could you please confirm whether wired connections are also affected? Do the lights on your hub change when you lose connection?

In contrast to your messages advising that devices are too far away, our diagnostic systems indicate that there may be a device which is too close and is causing inference with your in-home network. Have you ensured that your hub is out in the open and not near any electronic devices which could be causing issues?

I haven't been able to identify any cause for concern with the service entering your property, so it would be good to have the answers to the above before we go any further.

Thanks,

Rachael

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos