Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent wifi mac air

Hi,

I've been having serious problems with intermittent wifi on my mac air for months now. The main issue seems to be with all VOIP apps which is particularly problematic during covid. It's impossible to hold a conversation for more than 30seconds before the connection drops.

I've contacted Apple many times about this problems, have wiped and reinstalled everything on the mac and made sure all updates were done. After all of this I am still having the issue with the mac. My partners PC had the issue a few months back but it was quickly fixed so the mac air is the only device having this problem now. 

Has anyone else experienced similar problems and can help troubleshoot this?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent wifi mac air

Try a wired connection instead 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I use a MBAir too and have no issues at all.

But then, I dont use the Hub for my wifi connections - I have my own good quality wireless equipment and use VM Hubs in modem only mode.

Consider doing that yourself, or do as Gary suggests and connect it by ethernet cable. Yes I know the Airs dont have ethernet ports and so I connect mine (occasionally) using a USB-RJ45 "adapter" - these are cheap from the usual online places

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos