cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent wifi for months - still no solution

Georgiana1
Tuning in

I’ve been struggling with intermittent wifi for over 12 months now. Over this period I contacted customer service more than I can remember. Over the months I’ve been sent 3 wifi pods to boost the signal however often times the signal simply drops off thus there is nothing to boost. After many calls with customers service and many pinhole resets to the hub, I was sent an engineer who identified the signal I was getting from the outside into my house was apparently weak. He made some changes to the cable outside my property and some changes to a panel located out on the main road. They WIFI was ok for a couple of days then the issue recommenced as if nothing happened. I have countless screenshots on my phone demonstrating that I have either no wifi at all or I get speeds of 0.04- 6 mbps. The VM connect app displays the ‘We can’t find a hub’ message every time the wifi drops. When this happens none of my devices can find my network. I contacted customer service again today and was offered a £100 credit for the intermittent wifi and told that it seemed to be a hub issue but that the only way I could upgrade my hub was to increase my speed which would have to be by taking a new contract and paying considerably more. I don’t need more speed. I simply need the speed I am paying for already to be consistent. How can that be the only solution and how much longer will I be forced to put up with this poor service? Very frustratingly, I have no wifi as I write this message (I am using my phone’s internet). This situation is an absolute nightmare! I need help from someone who knows what they are doing! 

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

They just don't give a dam do they “sure the pods will fix are VM users problems” and if the hub wifi is the problem...we hope its not!

You can ask for a new hub here or if wired is fine get your own router with 1Gb ports put hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Georgiana1,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this ongoing issue with your Hub, I have looked into our systems and nothing would show that there is any issues with your Hub, I would like to look into this deeper with you however to see what we can do, for me to do this I will need to confirm some information from you in a private message. 

Joe

They reply to say there is nothing they can do about it. I sent them lots of screenshots showing the issue but they confirmed they can’t actually check specific dates/times. They can only see what’s happening at the time so if the issue is intermittent like mine is, I am stuck! They offered no real resolution and essentially  said something like, ‘we don’t doubt you experience this issues but there is nothing we can do to help so all we can offer is to let you out of your contract sooner if you want to or if you wish to stay buy yourself a third party hub’. I’m paying them a fortune each month and I have to go out of pocket to replace their faulty equipment. I’m researching an alternative provider at the moment since they are so keen to get rid of their long term customers.