cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent wifi dropoits

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

HI, of late i have been experiencing wifi dropouts on a few of my devices.  I spoke to an advisor and they split the ssid name and stated if i connect to the 5g i wont be experiencing the issues of wifi drop out. A week later same issue wifi dropping out on my devices. If i get the wifi pods would that solve the issue? 

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm 2.4 ghz has greater reach.

Navigate to 192.168.0.1 and click on the Check Network Status link and post your hub stats here. 

The advisor told me that best network to connect to is the 5ghz! Its more reliable however if indo connect to the 2.4hgz i get drop outs on there to! Would wifi pods solve the issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pods can strengthen wifi reach but if there are underlying issues they won't fix them. 

5g has greater speed but generally has lesser range and more susceptible to interference. 2.4g generally has less speed but more range than 5g. 

If the advisor is telling you otherwise, then they dont know what they are talking about. You just have to go onto YouTube and watch any review video where a person breaks down performance/range/band of a router.

Pods might fix the issue, I personally went with a 3rd party mesh router system and never had an issue since.

Iv been looking at a few mesh wifi systems but which ones would you recommend? I was thinking the 2g has a better range but typical advisor talk! I did a network diagnostics and all devices come out with low wifi signal even though im literally in the next room from the router!

I dont think I can recommend 1 over the other as I have only experience with my own mesh system. I would recommend looking at a number of comparison videos on YouTube or reviews as they vary greatly in price.

I dont condone the following, but before I bought the mesh, I tried a 3rd party router from Amazon, which I returned promptly after trying as it didn't meet my requirements with no hassle and full refund.

A lot of people on these forums like the Deco mesh, me personally with being on 1gig, I wanted something with higher performance so payed more money. It all depends on what package you are on, and range needed and your own requirements.

I would say if you can get a tri band system, although dual band function perfectly fine, tri band have a dedicated wifi channel to connect together.