cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent wifi and other issues they wont resolve

Sammyt05
On our wavelength

Hi,

I would really love some help right about now. I've been a virgin media customer for years and at the moment I only pay for the M50 broadband package which is costing a fortune on its own. I did have a bundle which consisted of a power broadband, TV and phoneline but as I didnt watch any TV I decided to remove this package and they offered me an upgrade to my broadband instead, this is where the M50 and issues come into it. 

I'm sure since having TV removed and moving to Internet only with the phoneline disconnected has led me to having issues. 

I used to have amazing WiFi which could be used at the bottom of the garden but now even if I go into another room my connection drops out or pages are slow to load. I have put up with it so long I decided to ring virgin up a couple of weeks ago and the person I spoke to was on the phone for at least 10 mins not doing any checks and said the only way I can resolve these issues is to take out a WiFi booster, at a cost of an extra £5 per month and if needed I can get upto 3 all included in that price. The WiFi booster turned up, I have placed it in a prime position left it to do its magic after 24 hours and my son who is more tech savy than me has said that it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Left it about a week before I decided to ring again and I was on the phone for quite a while, whilst the other person I spoke to was doing some checks etc and said the only way to fix this was to split my network. Said I can send back the booster if it doesn't continue to work. After I hung up the phone I only had 1 network 2.4ghz as my 5ghz had disappeared into the ether. 

Rang this morning and the 3rd person I spoke to apologised for all the issues I was experiencing and after doing some checks and listening to me said the only way to fix it is to get another WiFi booster at another cost of £5 (£5 for each one apparently) or go to a shop and pay out of my own money another 2 boosters as WiFi isn't guaranteed. She said she was going to credit my account with £25 but that's all she can do. She said that as my hub isn't flagging up any issues on her end and the system is telling her to sell me WiFi boosters but that they are so in demand they have sold out !!! Why should I have to pay extra money when I'm already paying alot of money for my broadband and why am I paying all this money for WiFi that doesn't work!

When I had the full package my router was located at the back of my front room where is has been for years. When I dropped down to just the broadband I had to have an engineer come out to have a look at the router as it just wasn't working. He installed a new coaxial cable and replaced the old diamond cable box that the cable comes through to. I have since moved my router to the front of the house and I am still experiencing these issues just now with a lot of coaxial cable hidden behind my sofa.

I have run the diagnostic tool through the hub this morning and it is saying I have WiFi issues but this isn't coming through their end. I have been getting T3 warning errors and connected to 2.4ghz on some of my devices but the hub settings says 5ghz only? I can't connect all my devices in my home as this will totally kill my WiFi.

I am posting on my phone so I have (hopefully) attached all necessary info from the router that I have seen other people asking for to help. Not sure if the pictures are clear or not so will have to login to my work laptop to upload again if needed.

I need serious help and seriously considering moving to another company as I have received no help and I'm paying money for a service I'm not receiving. As a single parent I cant afford to throw this money away like I have been doing for the past 6-12 months. I am seriously at my wits end with all of this and with the summer holidays coming up and me working from home in order to look after my children will be a nightmare.

Screenshot_20210729-090039_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090315_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090321_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090550_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090605_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090613_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090621_Chrome.jpg

•  

Screenshot_20210729-090654_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090813_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090823_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090832_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090842_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090851_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-090858_Chrome.jpg

  

Screenshot_20210729-090903_Chrome.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

Apologies Sammyt05,

Looks like we're aware of the issue, I'll pop you over another private message to confirm your appointment details 🙂

Alex_Rm