cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent / unstable WIFI

chrisundery
Joining in

Could really do with some help as becoming increasingly frustrated by this.

I've got a Hub 3.0 running in modem mode with an Asus XT8 AX6600 WIFI Mesh and have had this setup for around a year. Its all been good until recently (last few weeks) when I noticed WIFI kept dropping out more and more regularly.

We have quite a few smart TVs, speakers, lights... and these are now also only working intermittently (they can't connect to the wifi and go offline) which is really infuriating. My ps4 on wifi now also only ever seems to get about 1MB speed when I pay for 500.

Ideas please

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is very unlikely that you will ever get 1G on WiFi, max would probably be 667M. Are Ethernet called devices also affected?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sorry but not sure of the relevance of your answer. My ps4 is getting 1MB not 1GB - This makes playing online games impossible.

Ethernet seems stable, its just the WIFI. Phones and the variety of smart devices (mainly Google Nest Displays and a lot of smart LEDs (mainly avatar brand) that were previously working fine are now hit and miss and disconnect constantly