cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent since 4th August 72 disconnects in last 48 hours

Sara8109
Joining in

Hi, so I really don’t want to leave Virgin I’m doing everything to not . This is my final attempt!

since 4th August my internet has been disconnecting every 3/5 mins for 30 seconds at a time. Engineers have been numerous times! Replaced hub , all wires, fibres outside everything you can think they have done! The signal into the house is fine it’s just dropping off all the time internally! Several engineers have said it’s a networking issue but I can’t seem to contact them? I get told they will just come out and look without me knowing and I’d get no feedback! It’s only my house in the area doing it . Is there a way to connect with the network people or find out if this is fixable ? If not i will be leaving to a different provider but the only issue being Virgin are the only fibre in my area and I need the speeds for my busy household. Please please can someone give me some help or advice 

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

This is your first post, reality or utter hyperbole ?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it really is a network issue - it will be reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

What is reported there?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.