cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent signal failures for 4 months no end in sight.

daitch72
On our wavelength

So tired of constantly being fobbed off with excuses. Constant network drops start 8:45am every day and continue every 5-10 minutes all day. Broadband is unusable, TV unwatchable. Status check.... Hmmm everything in your area looks fine, hmm test... hmm looks like you have an intermittent signal problem.... No **bleep**!! Problem since April! Techs visit, change this, change that, no change. Then get 1 day if lucky with no issues. Problem starts again, round in circles I go. Learn of more people in same boat. No admittence if any network or server issue from VM as they don't want to admit it and OFCOM to find out. I am losing the will to live with this. There is NO end in sight and I will not trust anything VM say.

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Check for a known local fault on 0800 561 0061 - it is an automated service.

Review the Hub's Upstream and Downstream connection tabs for signs of a signal issue.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi daitch72,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having. 

I have taken a look on our side and it is showing you have a reported SNR issue in your area.

The reference is: F010882865. The estimated fix date is: 16 AUG 2023 03:10.

^Martin

daitch72
On our wavelength

This I am aware of after having to highlight it 5 times yesterday when status constantly said there were no issues. Do tell me, what kind of signal to noise ratio issue constantly goes on for months and never gets resolved. I am aware of hundreds of VM customers across the country with the same issue since the BGP outage in April. I am waiting for an admittance from VM that they know this is ongoing and their plans to fix this nationwide issue. Rather than pass us through pointless 'status checks' & 'check your cables' when we know this is an inherent network and server infrastructure issue.

Client62
Legend

A cable noise issue is typically a local problem with loose, damaged or out of spec coax cables.

daitch72
On our wavelength

All internal cables changed. No issue in my home or my setup. VM network issue, period! Don't need to be fobbed off on here with the same BS as support site. I have enough knowledge and intelligence to know better. Please if you have no insight into this specific nationwide issue, spare you insights for people who want them.