Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent loss of wi fi connection

I'm in Hampshire UK. with intermittent  loss of signal to various equipments. Sometimes laptop, sometimes mobile phone, sometimes tablet. Done or the unplugging, reset etc. When it loses signal and try to sign in again  it says wrong password.  You cannot believe how many times it has been checked even though it works intermittently. Contacted Virgin who ask me to do resets  etc etc. They were going to pass me through  to Technical help, then cut off. Not impressed when they suggested they might make a charge to look deeper into the problem. Does anyone  have similar problems recently. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent loss of wi fi connection

Is it just Wi-Fi? So wired connections drop as well?

What hub do you have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

H, TX for response....its just wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry  I meant to add Hub 3.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it’s just Wi-Fi you’d need to look at optimising the hubs (inferior) Wi-Fi - splitting the bands, using less congested channels etc.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Gary,  Could you advise how to proceed with your suggestion?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Login to the hubs admin pages and go to the wireless settings page.

From there you can rename the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands to split them then connect devices ideally to the 5Ghz band for those that support it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your helpful comments/ suggestions in resolving  the difficulty in connecting devices via WiFi.  However not being able to resolve the problem I disconnected  all my devices , mobile, laptop, cameras, extenders and re introducing them one by one. The problem was resolved with each device until  I introduced  the Tp Link extender, which had been playing up 4 days ago, when my problems started. Hope this may assist all with similar  problems.

0 Kudos