Menu
simes101
Tuning in
Message 11 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent loss of internet (Bedford)

Me too N585
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 12 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent loss of internet

@simes101 wrote:

Thanks lotharmat

Rang them (VM) again this morning to be told I have to wait 7 days for it to "settle down" after the engineer visit yesterday. Might just be easier to cancel and go elsewhere.

That sounds ridiculous!! Should take minutes or at a push an hour to settle down!! Longer than that and there is a problem that hasn't been rectified!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

simes101
Tuning in
Message 13 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Still playing up the same - and still no response from VM.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi @simes101,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're facing some ongoing issues with your services, and apologies for our delayed response here.

I'm going to send you a private message in a moment to acquire some further details from you with which we can take a closer look over things. Please respond to this when you get a moment to do so and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
simes101
Tuning in
Message 15 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Issue is still apparent - and getting worse if anything.  Had another engineer visit, who sat in his van and said that the previous engineer had tried everything he'd do and couldn't do anything else.  Now getting to the point where Teams calls fail and I get thrown out every few minutes.  Having to use my mobile as a hot spot for anything important as VM internet isn't reliable enough now.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @simes101,

Thank you for getting back in touch with an update. I'm so sorry to hear that this issue is unfortunately ongoing for you today.

I'm going to send you a private message in a moment so we can get this looked into further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi @simes101,

Following our conversation via private message, a technician visit has now been booked for you.

As we're unable to confirm the date and time of the visit publicly for security reasons, please log into your My Virgin Media online account to check and reschedule if needed.

If you or anyone else in the home exhibits flu-like symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 in the interim, please reschedule your appointment accordingly.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
simes101
Tuning in
Message 18 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi @simes101,

You're welcome. Be sure to let us know how it all goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
simes101
Tuning in
Message 20 of 28
Flag for a moderator

"Senior" engineer came last week - as arranged by the ever helpful Zach.  

Unfortunately it's still the same - he said there was noise on the line to the cabinet (from VM upstream cabinet) - and that he'd raise a ticket.  So, no improvement and still the same lumpy intermittent connection, with a best speed throughput of 300mbs (should be 350+) and often dropping to zero - had to use 4g router all weekend as Virgin network was almost unusable for long periods. 

I am feeling it's time to cancel and move on... 

0 Kudos