Menu
rightoldcharlie
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent loss of broadband.

Guys,

Since November last year we have three individuals working from home here and have been suffering with intermittent broadband through out. Some days are worse than others but we get kicked out of Zoom's kicked of the VPN's only for seconds on most occasions but enough to be getting hacked off with it. We pay for the 200mg package so feel that we should not be having these issues. 

When calling Virgin we just get the automated reset of the hub which sometimes sorts the issue for a short time or if we hang on get the customer service rep reading a script telling us how to turn the hub on and off...i mean really. When trying to raise the issue on the website like they suggest, well that just does the same....reboot the hub and all should be fixed.....I just want to talk to someone NOT reading a script who can explain why this is happening and how to fix it permanently... or is it time to switch......?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent loss of broadband.

With three people working from home you really need something better that Virgin Media's residential service, which doesn't guarantee a business quality service. 

Have a look at Virgin Business which has a service level agreement and 4g backup.

0 Kudos
rightoldcharlie
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jpeg1,

Thanks for the reply, three people should be able to work from home with 200mg. The issue here is the signal speed drops out intermittently which sometimes happens when only one person is working , it's not consistent as it should be. I really don't think a business connection is the answer here.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's your choice of course.

The question is not the speed but the reliability of the connection. If you want to use the residential connection to save money you must accept the poorer quality of service. 

Incidentally are you all using wired connections to the Hub, or over WiFi?  Multiple users on WiFi will reduce the connection speed and quality. . 

0 Kudos
rightoldcharlie
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jpeg1,

I am not using a residential connection to save money we are currently forced to work from home because of Covid, to say three people using a 200mg wifi should be an issue and affect the quality is quite ridiculous. If we are paying for 200mg and are constantly told by Virgin that it is a quality product then regardless of what the three individuals are using it for we should expect a quality service.

I appreciate you are trying to help but my whole point here is that the service is not reliable and just because it is residential we should not have to put up with that. Also trying to talk to anyone at Virgin is virtually impossible unless you want to wait several hours on the phone only to get someone reading a script and generally are no help at all. 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@rightoldcharlie wrote:

Jpeg1,

I am not using a residential connection to save money we are currently forced to work from home because of Covid, to say three people using a 200mg wifi should be an issue and affect the quality is quite ridiculous. If we are paying for 200mg and are constantly told by Virgin that it is a quality product then regardless of what the three individuals are using it for we should expect a quality service.

I appreciate you are trying to help but my whole point here is that the service is not reliable and just because it is residential we should not have to put up with that. Also trying to talk to anyone at Virgin is virtually impossible unless you want to wait several hours on the phone only to get someone reading a script and generally are no help at all. 

Create a BQM and post the live link.

Access your HUB on http://192.168.0.1, log in, and copy/paste the 'Upstream', 'Downstream', and 'Network Log' tab data, as text (You may have to click post twice due to an error), across multiple posts as requried.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

whats the connection like wired? Wifi is not garanteed
0 Kudos