Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent issues with Wifi speed

Hi,

I started to have intermittent issues with wifi speed. I have Hub 3.0, using 5Ghz, and most of my devices (incl. the ones I test on) are close to the Hub. My PC is about 3 meters away. I have another PC which is next to it, same results.

I am on fibre 350

What happens is that speed goes down to anywhere between 2mbit/sec to 20mbit a sec, or sometimes to zero. Reconnecting to the network helps sometimes, but it's not reliable.

Hub network diagnostics reports low signal strength (see below). According to inSSIDer, signal strength is about -25db to -50db on testing devices, with no overlapping channels. Windows reports "excellent" signal strength. Wifi adapter is connected at between 600 to max speed.

I've tried two different adapters (intel and realtek) - no change.

At this point I am about to buy a new router, but quite hesitant to do that as I used Hub 3 for a quite long time with no issues, in the same settings/configuration. Nothing I know of changed, I have not moved the Hub etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Gateway IPv4 address is valid.
2Your broadband connection is working.
3The temperature of your Hub 3.0 is normal.
4The status of telephone line 1 is not ready.
5The status of telephone line 2 is not ready.
6The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
7The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
8The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
9The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
10The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
11Please place your WiFi device near the Hub 3.0.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent issues with Wifi speed

Hi please private message me your account number and site id and I’ll have a look at your router for you.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos