cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet

Fathima
Joining in

I’m writing from Croydon - my internet has been very intermittent all day. Restarted the router many times, it still keeps cutting off. The router shows green light but no network, so fed up. I had been having this frequent outage for an year now and work wise I’m living with my mobile data most of the times. VM support doesn’t help enough and I’m now seriously looking for another provider as I’m very disappointed with the service provided by VM 😞

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is it still happening? There have been quite a few threads started this past few days from customers in the Croydon area - so perhaps there is a know fault in your location - have you checked?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Fathima, and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please advise me how the services are looking today?

I've been able to look into your local area, and I do not see any outages currently effecting the services. 

Have you been experiencing issues over a wired connections, as well as the Wi-Fi connections?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn