Menu
LeeDsu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent internet.

I joined virgin last Saturday and some devices worked while others had slower speeds. I contacted the tech department and they said it was a fault on my hub 3 and they sent my a new one which arrived yesterday. I connected it and the same faults occurred. I phoned again. They made some adjustments, and promised a call back. Guess what. No call back to another 30 min on hold to get back in touch only to be told it was now fixed. And guess what. It hasn't. I'm about to unplug my system and send it back but I thought I'd give you a chance to help solve my problem. I wanted to copy and paste the information from the hub but even doing that is causing me problems. When I type the number into my laptop I'm asked  which language I require and I can't see the information.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet.

What are wired speeds like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
LeeDsu
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't have any cables here to check at the moment.

0 Kudos
LeeDsu
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

....but the other devices are working perfectly. My Amazon firestick works brilliantly. Watched a film yesterday with no buffering.

0 Kudos
LeeDsu
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is the power light supposed to be white. Mine is off white. A tinge of orange.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If some of the devices are working well, the broadband must be working properly.  The speeds of your various devices will vary for many reasons, and those in remote rooms may drop out altogether and require some form of help.  Do you know which WiFi band they are connecting on?  2GHz will give better range but 5GHz has better bandwidth.  You will find a number of WiFi advice posts around this site.

0 Kudos