Menu
Debbie71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent internet

This is so frustrating! Please help!

Working and schooling from home and having intermittent problems with the internet on our laptop. It can be working fine and then we suddenly have issues. We've run numerous trouble shooters but nothing identified. WiFi seems ok as I've used the app to check. When there's an internet issue, we try to access a site e.g. Wikipedia, but there's a message saying 'site can't be reached'. 

Re-booted the hub several times but still having problems.

It is preventing my son from learning at school and I am struggling with my work because of this. Any help would be very gratefully received. This is causing a LOT of stress! 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet

Does it work on a wired connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could be a number of things, but easiest to check is the broadband status data, as below.  If that all comes back ok then we can move onto other possible problems.

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Debbie71,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your broadband, I am sorry if its been causing you some frustration. 
Usually what we would ask you to do is just follow these links in order to try and resolve it before we have a look- 
Slow Speeds Help
Intermittent Connection
We may also ask you for a bit more information so we can understand your specific issue like have you checked your speed using our Speed test site here? Also we may need you to use a BMQ graph to gain more of an insight into your HUB's performance, this needs to stay active for 24 hours so we can see a good chunk of activity. We also may need to you reboot your HUB so that the data on the HUB's logs can reset, this helps the performance and also helps us identify any issues on our side. 

I have checked your services on my side and cannot see any outstanding issues, everything is within spec. 

How is your laptop connected to the internet and are all other devices having the same issue?

Please let me know what you find out after following these steps!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos