Menu
Simona007
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent internet in London E4 area

Hi, I’ve been in contact with you via Twitter and they suggested I post here. My internet and the one of my neighbours have been intermittent and unreliable since 26th January. I couldn’t even log in here! I’m using my phone data. This is affecting my work, my husbands work and my kids homeschooling. We are all been very stressed. I tried to contact you but never go through and I don’t have a landline. Can you please let me know what the issue is in my area and contact me ASAP. I have a deadline next week and kids are starting school again, if it carries on like this, it’s going to be a nightmare. Understand that I made a complaint on your website, via Twitter, now getting fed up. Could you please contact me and offer me a solution. 

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet in London E4 area

VM staff can take 5-10 days to respond on here.

Meanwhile what are the actual issues and do they occur at the same time on both wifi and ethernet cable connected devices? What Hub model is it and what do its lights do/show when it happens?

And.... Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Simona007
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet in London E4 area

Thank you for your help. My hub model is very old, superhub2, but the whole road is having issues, I will now try and phone them tomorrow again and request a new hub. The whole neighbourhood have been complaining. 

0 Kudos