Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent internet connection, customer service with no help

Long story, but recently got onto virgin and my internet connection has been dropping intermittently for a minute or so and then coming back. It was happening regularly every night once every half an hour or so but now its once every 20 minutes. Contacted virgin via text and the guy offered to send me another box (after I begged him to fix the issue), he kept trying to sell me the wifi extender. It came today and I've replaced the box yet the issue is still occurring, so i contacted virgin via phone and they provided no help whatsoever, claiming that the only fix for an intermittent connection is the wifi extender, they said that if the problem was to continue in 48hours to contact again but I've literally been promised that before and they never did anything. I'm fuming beyond belief with this company and I've only been with them for a month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet connection, customer service with no help

What’s dropping out?

Wired or WiFi connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its the wireless connections, all connected devices lose internet at the same time. Virgin tell me that there's nothing they're obligated to do because its not wired.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Saiefquayum wrote:
Its the wireless connections, all connected devices lose internet at the same time. Virgin tell me that there's nothing they're obligated to do because its not wired.

Indeed. You’d need to ascertain that the connection is dropping as a whole and that wired devices are also dropping. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos