cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent disconnects, T3 & T4 Timeout errors

nickred
Joining in

I'm currently using the Hub 3.0 and I've recently been suffering from frequent disconnects from the internet with it taking 20 to 30 minutes for the service to come back up. Looking at the Network Log, I can see several  messages with a priority "Warning!" that say "B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded" which is usually followed by another message with a "critical" priority that says "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out". I've looked at the Service Status and there are no outages showing in my postcode area. This is happening 2 or 3 times a day. How do I get a technician at Virgin Media to take a look at this problem ?

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nickred

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some connection issues recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently that would explain this. Is this issue ongoing for you today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your response. We are still getting issues with our internet connection although it doesn't seem to be as bad as last week. I just looked in the Network log on the hub and we have had 39 x T3 timeouts and 1 x T4 timeouts since I reset the hub 8 days ago. As well as disconnects from the Internet we are getting "hangs" specifically when streaming video over the internet. I'm still keen to understand how I get a technician to take a look at the issues. I was hoping somebody on here could advise on a number to call to speak with Virgin Media about these issues.

Hi @nickred, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel