cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent disconnections from works VPN

dawn_foster
Tuning in

I use a laptop connected to my works VPN whilst working from home, however this connection struggles to maintain itself. I’m constantly getting disconnected making it impossible to do my job. Laptop works fine disconnected from the VPN and other items on my home WIFI work perfectly fine the majority of the time. My question is… is there anything that Virgin may have in place that could block or weaken the strength of connection with my works VPN?! 

18 REPLIES 18

I tried to do it but it was asking for credit card details

@dawn_foster wrote:

You tried to do what?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dawn_foster wrote:

It looks like you clicked on the link to an advert from  Firebrick

You should have clicked on the text that says. "Create a new monitor" which is  just above the picture of the graph on that page.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you! I have set it up but obv no reading yet! Will have a look and share if I can when there is something to look at! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @dawn_foster 

I knew what you had done as I've seen other people posting that they had been asked for credit card details when trying to set up the BQM. It's easily done. 😃

You can actually share a live graph

On Think Broadband go to your  BQM and under the options you will see

Today | Previous Days | Edit | Delete | Share

Click on the Share option and on the screen that opens click on Share 

On the next screen click on Share Live Graph

Copy the text thats in the Direct Link box (beware there may be more text than you can see so make sure you highlight it all)

Then on here when you create your post click the Link icon in the navigation bar where you are typing (it's just to the left of the camera icon)

When the URL box opens paste the link you copied and then click OK.

In the box below that (Text to display) type My Live BMQ 

Then below that is a drop down box "Target" - click on that and choose the Open in new page option,  then click on OK and the click on Post

I've enclosed a photo below

how to display live BQMhow to display live BQM

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/f5079769f24b469f15e64abcc4a8e20977594919

It appears you have intermittent packet (Data) loss (The red bit at the top), which could contribute to the issue you are having.

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for reaching back out, there is currently an SNR fault in your are (Signal to Noise Ratio)  You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working to resolved this ASAP, this was raised on 22/01/23 and the estimated fix is 30/01/23 @ 09:00, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

Hello Dawn,

I’m having the same problem as you - can I ask how you resolved this issue please?

Thanks