cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection

Knitspec
Tuning in

For the past week our broadband has been disconnecting at irregular times. I've followed the advise on the Virgin Media app and no matter how many times we turn off the router the connection issues continue. When we run the status check it either says it's unable to run it or that it found no problems. The broadband service status has said 'all looks good in your area' for the past week, however the one for TV says 'there's an issue in your area'.

Devices are connected through wifi and directly via ethernet, so not a wifi issue.

Is it likely to be a fault with the router? Any help would be appreciated.

36 REPLIES 36

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.
The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you so much!

The automated status number has confirmed there is a problem with TV and Broadband in our local area, and that Virgin are struggling to fix it. Strange they don't add this information to the service status on the app.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear you were able to get an answer on our auto service line.

How is it all looking since your post?

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Unfortunately it's not going very well.

We are still constantly losing internet. The agent we just talked to said that the problem only started yesterday (6th October), while we have proof that it started on Tuesday 27th September. The post on here also proves it didn't start yesterday. I'm really not sure what to do anymore 😞

The agent told us engineers would fix the issue yesterday (saturday). Unfortunately we are still getting an intermittent internet connection today (sunday). This effects both TV, and our broadband services. I don't really know what to do anymore.

This has now been happening for 12 days.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Forget what the "agent" says - what does the website and 0800 report?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

The service status now says 'All looks good in your area' for all items. The 0800 report says 'We're sorry you're still having intermittent TV and Broadband services in your area'

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So the most up to date source is still reporting a BB issue at your location. There will be no Tech visits for faults until that is fixed

A VM person on here may be able to give your more information on here but it will only be an estimated fix date

--------------------
John
--------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Never ever rely on the web page for status of your connection, always use the free phone number. This is because the web page only covers issues where 1000s of users are affected, the phone number covers local issues down to post code level.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2