cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection

Salamh
Joining in

I have intermittent connection. Always connection dropped while I am in an online meeting

7 REPLIES 7

handsomeinked
Up to speed

I have a couple of quick questions. 

1. How are you connected to the Hub (e.g. Wifi, a cable direct to the hub, or a power line adaptor)?

2. When the connection drops what colour is the status light on the hub?

3. What time is the connection dropping? Is it the same time every day?

It’s always best to be positive but we all have crappy days.

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Gig1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Salamh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection. I have looked into this and cannot see any issues with your connection and in the local area.

Has anything improved since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

Today there is improvement after so many days of intermittent connectivity 

Thank you for letting us know that the connection has improved. 

I just wanted to check back as it's been a few days since your last post and see how things are looking now? 

If the issues have continued can you post your Hub status and logs? How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc

Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum.

Thanks again. 

Connected to the hub with Wi-Fi (Hub3)

connection dropping different time of day, in my laptop I am still connected to hub3 but with no internet.

Are you able to upload the details of the Hub settings and BQM as requested please? 

Thank you. 

Got hub5 instead of hun3 and now it is better with speed , coverage and connectivity