forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Soph2
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection

Hello!

It seems absolutely impossible to contact anyone at virgin media and I'm sick of the automated calls and silly step by step guide telling to to turn my router off and on again, because I've done that several times over the past few months and were still having the same issue!

Our wifi connection is intermittent. It seems to keep kicking devices off randomly, or sometimes when you are still connected it just doesn't work well enough to do things like have a video call, as today I just have not been able to get them to work at it keeps cutting out!

Please help, this has been driving me mad for months and there is no way of actually talking to a real person to get this sorted!!

We have tried doing everything I can find on the help websites. I’ve checked my area for any outages, I’ve reset the hub so many times, I’ve factory reset it, I’ve check all the wires are firmly plugged in, I’ve called the automated help line that runs its tests and does nothing, it just isn’t working properly, and the services Virgin media have for sorting problems are so frustrating when it’s all automated and online telling you to do the same thing that you’ve already tried!

Please someone who actually knows what they’re talking about and isn’t a robot help me! 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection

How do wired connections behave?

Wireless speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed or supported so you need to ascertain where the issue lies. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Soph2
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hey,

by wired connection, you mean devices that are directly plugged into the router through an Ethernet cable? 

all of the devices we use are wireless connections, so unfortunately I wouldn’t know. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Then it's difficult to troubleshoot with no wired devices connected at the same time

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Soph2
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Okay, do you have any ideas of what the problem could be? 
And if so any ideas on how to resolve the issues?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Without any wired devices it’s difficult to see if it’s a line issue or just an issue with the Wifi.

Do the lights on the hub change when it happens?

0 Kudos
Soph2
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not always. sometimes the wifi is working perfectly fine for some devices, while other devices get disconnected and takes a few minutes to re-connect them. in this situation, I think the lights stay the same, with the white power button on.

other times the wifi goes down for all devices, then I think it's the phone light that comes on telling us the phone virgin media, but all that does is 'run tests' and resets the box, it doesn't actually fix the problem permanently.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Go to the hubs admin pages (192.168.0.1) and copy and paste back as text the network, upstream and downstream logs as text

0 Kudos
Soph2
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you have put?
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Soph2 wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you have put?

browse to your hub on  http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

0 Kudos