cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection problems

R_kheraj
Tuning in

Im hoping someone can give me some advice on how to fix our connection issues

Currently we are on Volt M200 and when it works we get good connection and speeds.

However we are having intermittent disconnections several times a day followed by long periods of impossibly low speeds. We’ve taken to resetting the router 3-4 times a day. Over the phone virgin say the connection is fine - but clearly it isn’t. We have also reset the router to factory settings and the problem persists.

I’ve seen a couple of people have set up monitors on thinkbroadband, so have done the same. But I’m not sure how long it needs to run for and what I’m looking at. 

Wondered if anyone could give me some advice and eventually take a look for me and let me know what to do with it?

thanks, 

Reg

11 REPLIES 11

Dereklad
Fibre optic

Exactley the same problem here r..

wifi just goes dead several times a day the boom internets working again

we were told to reset our router as well

still the same problem..

they checked it there end and said it was fine..

have you got the hub 3 like our house?

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi R_kheraj

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the connection issues, upon doing a system check, you need a tech visit because all your downstream channels are out of spec.

I will send you a PM now to book this in.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi R_kheraj,

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing your details so I could book in the tech visit for the power levels. 

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thanks for booking the appointment. Unfortunately the time you have sent through (tomorrow at 4pm) doesn’t work as I am away for the weekend. Is there any way of changing this to a different date when I will be at home.

thanks

Reg

Good afternoon R_kheraj,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've checked the system and seen that you were able to re-arrange this yourself 🙂

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

So the engineer visit was a total waste of time.

He was here for around 5 minutes on Tuesday. Said he had fixed it and left. 

Issue is still exactly the same with no change. Have checked online and apparently we need an engineer to visit again. 

Great job Virgin Media…

Thanks for coming back to us @R_kheraj and I'm sorry that the first visit didn't result in your issues being fully resolved, this is not the service that we should be providing.

I can see that you have arranged another visit, I hope that the issues will be fully resolved this time.

Please do let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

The engineer didn’t turn up for the visit. Just called virgin to find out why to be told that apparently there was nobody home. Which is odd as there are two of us at home, and nobody has rung the doorbell all day. 

Any advice on what happens now? Can we please get this sorted. 

Thanks,

Reg