Menu
GBowes75
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection issues - Area 31

For a number of weeks, i've been experiencing issues with intermittent disconnection from wifi which is not good news when i work from home and am categorised as a key worker. These drops are causing huge headache and i have followed your tips to identify an issue that your checks have identified but to no avail.I still get drops throughout the day and also short drops in the evening which i need to get sorted as soon as possible.

My account suggests that i am in 'Area 31' so please can you escalate this issue to a speedy resolution ASAP.

I have tried to use your chat function but looks like you've removed the button to allow this.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection issues - Area 31

Does it drop when you use a wired connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
GBowes75
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary,

If your check that is run when you click on 'check my speed' button comes back with a fault then i'm not sure how a wireless or wired connection will differ.It's suggesting more that the fault may be with either the connectivity to the box or the box itself. I have checked all cables are securely connected to the wifi box/router

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It can differ because wifi is prone to interference and dropouts.

Testing with a wired connection helps ascertain if it's a line issue or just wifi

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
GBowes75
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I cannot wire connect to my router as i work from home in a home office (upstairs) and need connection to a number of devices. The router is downstairs so as you can hopefully appreciate, for an 'intermittent' fault, this isn't something that i can do.

Can you please run your test and check if the fault is external or the box again as i cannot disconnect all of my devices and hook directly into the router via a wire. As mentioned, i am a key worker so cannot afford downtime as i work within the healthcare sector.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Take a device downstairs and plug it in? If you call support they will ask you to test with a wired device as well.

Post back here as text the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages.

If you require stable internet as a "key worker" ( 🙄) then look into getting a backup line and/or a 4G/5G router for redundancy.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, GBowes75,

Apologies for the delayed response, how has the service been since your post?  @gary_dexter is offering some good tips. Has the advice been able to get things sorted for you?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos