Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection in the LS16 (Leeds) area

Hi there. So I'm writing to report that I've been having a very unstable connection at the moment which has persisted through multiple days now. Now the online service status is reporting no issues in the area and after running a test, it's saying that there is a network issue. And that's confirmed when I also ring up and the automated bot informs me that there's a "complex issue".

Now in the meantime, I did perform some troubleshooting on the router at home by doing multiple things (Using Modem mode, Factory restarting, Power cycling / Turning off from mains) which hasn't helped the situation at all.

And after opening up a command prompt and using "ping google.co.uk -t", I can clearly see areas where it drops the connection completely. Even performing speed tests also show that the download is getting affected slightly whereas the upload speed is non-existent at times. 

I'd like to know right now when this issue will be sorted out and I'm not interested in excuses because I need to know if I should switch providers or not as this is unacceptable after being with Virgin Media for 7+ years. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection in the LS16 (Leeds) area

Hi InfinityGene, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry you've been having some issues with your connection lately and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and can see that sadly you're impacted by a local SNR (sound to noise ratio) outage. This was first raised on the 16th October 2020 under the reference F008502421 and is due to be fixed by the 31st October 2020. During this time you will notice the service being intermittent. 

I can assure you our team are doing all they can to have this sorted as soon as possible. 

If you're still having issues after the 31st please pop back so we can update you. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos