Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection - Ping - Request time out.

Area 21 - every Thurday about 3am i get - Intermittent connection - Ping - Request time out.  it lasts till around 11am - have spoken to the support teams but nothing has come out of this - this has been happening for the last 5 weeks - not good when you trying to work from home.  Also effects my phone line drops a call.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection - Ping - Request time out.

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3ac786c5b78330c887df11df2bb1a11569e8ae84
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3ac786c5b78330c887df11df2bb1a11569e8ae84

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you using the correct WAN IP?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WAN IP - I have just updated it as it has now given me a new WAN IP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

not getting any dropouts now - will have to retest this soon as it happens again.  but will leave my equipment on to get some results.  Many thanks for your help,  really appreciate it. 

0 Kudos