Menu
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection - Area fault or not?

Can one of the VM forum team advise on the following please? Since Saturday my BB connection has been very intermittent. Service status via the phone no. and online have been at odds with each other (phone reporting no problems, online reporting problems at different times). Online service status is now showing the last area fault is now cleared. I requested text message updates but haven't received any notifications and my connection is still intermittent.

Router stat's are typically within spec but figures for upstream modulation keep falling from 64 QAM down to 16 QAM across all 4 upstream channels (or a mix across 4 channels) at which point the connection hangs. After a varying period of time, it recovers for another period before it drops again.

Downstream pre/post RS errors fill up within minutes of a reset. Network log is full of T3 timeouts.

So, is there or isn't there a network issue in my area please? If so when is the ETA for a substantive fix? My connection is pretty much unusable at the moment.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent connection - Area fault or not?

Hi @goslow

Welcome back to our forums.

Sorry to hear you have been getting mixed messages in regards to area faults. We can understand the frustration this issue may have caused and want to best help.

I have been able to access your account and I can confirm there are no current faults that may be causing the intermittent issue. Is the issue still ongoing today since posting?  If so, are other services also affected?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you @Akua_A. The connection has been rubbish for the last few days due to an intermittent area fault.

As of early this morning, things seem to have returned to normal and I have not had any problems during today. My BQM graph is also now looking healthy, so hopefully the problem is now fixed.

Thanks, goslow

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for updating me @goslow.

I am glad to hear the issue seems to have resolved itself. Again I further apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time. 

Please continue to monitor your service and let me know if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos