cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband

Markwright7
Tuning in

I had intermittent broadband outages for close on 3 weeks. Sometimes I’m told it’s a fault “that the engineers are working hard on” other times it’s to improve the network. Every time I book an engineer it gets cancelled later as it’s restored. Tried ringing / chatting / complaining and always end up getting passed to a Bot. Anyone know how to get it resolved with a real person? (Current writing this with no internet)

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Markwright7,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you have been having intermittent issues with your broadband service. We can understand the inconvenience and frustration this may have caused.

I have been able to access your account using forums details to further look into this for you. I can however see that you recently spoke to a member of our team regarding this and you also have an upcoming appointment booked for this.

Please let me know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help after.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

Very friendly engineer came round yesterday changed all my splitters and sorted out my TV. Said all was good other than there was a ticket for a problem in the area which would be resolved yesterday.
Alas I’m here again without internet and apparently I’ll be back on by 12 according to the recorded message. 
I’m working from home and it’s disrupting my ability to organise anything.  so I’m giving it until Friday if not I’ll be changing supplier.

Hi Markwright7, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how the engineer visit went. I'm really sorry to hear that there is now a fault in the area. 

Checking things for you, the details of the fault are:

• Fault reference number: F009157206
  • Estimated fix time: 14 JUL 2021 12:00
  • Description: Our engineer is on site and they're working to fix the problem

If you haven't already, you can register your loss of service by signing in here: Service Status  It will also allow you to subscribe to updates on the fault so you'll know once things are resolved. 

Please keep us posted with how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

Back on now - lets hope i can get some continuity.

Kind Regards

Mark

That's great Mark. 

Thanks for coming back to let us know. usually the fault will stay open for the teams to run through final checks but the fact things are working for you sounds promising. 

Be sure to give your equipment a reboot to clear any errors it may have picked up while the fault was ongoing. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team