Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband

Hi there,

I hope you can help - we've had really terrible and intermittent Wi-Fi for the past few days and tried every trick in the book to fix it but nothing's worked. It's affecting the TV signal as well it seems. Not sure how to get in touch with anyone but it's quite urgent as we're using it to work from home currently.

Please let me know what we can do 🙂

Alex

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're not in Blackburn or surrounding area are you?

There's a bad issue that is on going and not expected to be fixed before the 15th November.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nope, in Belfast!

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Probably to do with the upgrade work on this:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/11/virgin-media-bring-1gbps-to-3-million-people-in-london...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We're using Hub 3.0, I'm not sure of the contracted speed.

But actually, it started working fine again before I had the chance to use it with the cable, thankfully! But thank you for your help 🙂

0 Kudos