Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband

Hi I have been suffering with intermittent broadband in area 20. We are mainly having issues with the 5g connection but recently paid to have our speed increased and the connection has gone worse. I have tried all the tips on the help page and the issues still persist but when I tried to ring the call centre I just got a message saying you were shut and it hung up. Is there anyway to get an engineer out to look at this issues as it is using up my mobile data due to the frequency it is happening at. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi it connects OK using a cable but still pretty slow. But we mainly use mobile phones hence wanting to sort the WiFi connection out. Like I say works with a cable but would say is still slow. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

What says it's slow?

How are you speedtesting and from what device?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Haven't actually speed tested it with the wire connected just took ages to load basic websites. Can't speed test the WiFi cause it's dropped out again. I am having to reboot the router two to three times a day just to get a WiFi signal that I pay for. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You don't pay for wifi.

Run a speedtest wired direct to the hub.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK how do I speed test that then?! Also when I rang up and improved my package my TV and increased broadband speed they said it would be far better for me due to the better reliability of the WiFi and now your saying I don't pay for that. So what I just have to struggle with no WiFi then?! Seems pretty ridiculous to me considering most people connect via WiFi nowadays and not using a wired connection. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you done the wired speedtest?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi how do I speed test not sure how to do it on my laptop?! Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Plug an Ethernet cable in?

0 Kudos