Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband in London for past few days, when will this be fixed?

There has been unreliable broadband in London since Monday,  16 Nov.  Service status shows no issues.  Call Virgin and automated response acknowledges an issue.  Can't get any further on the call to find out when it will be fixed, just that it is a "complex" issue.  An ETA would be helpful and this impacts ability to WFH.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband in London for past few days, when will this be fixed?

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband in London for past few days, when will this be fixed?

Thank you. I can't see where to action this instruction "On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)" I can't see a camera icon anywhere.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Use 'Reply' instead of 'Quick Reply'.

linkcamera

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/49e2dde31adc799cbfb9d1e04d81660d86... 

Are we just confirming that there is an issue with VM, or do we already know there is an issue form other users?  I am looking for an ETA from Virgin as to when its going to be fixed and that I can rely on the internet connection.  thankyou

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The BQM will tell you the status of the Wide Area Network (WAN), the vast majority of issues external to the Hub will show up on the BQM.

If you want an ETA on a problem you will need to call in, myself I just look to see if my BQM has changed, I don't get an ETA but I can see that the WAN is good.

Note:

A problem indicated on your BQM can be very local such as a loose co-ax connection on the back of your Hub or an iffy cable between the Hub and the street cabinet. Neither of those will show up on the Network Status page or on the 'Call In' number.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI Virgin Media, when will the issue in N1 be fixed?  I have texted the above number and got your Bot, and have called multiple times to be told by the automated response that there is a known issue, but not ETA.  I've completed all the checks per the Connect app, re-booted, reset, checked all cables.  Can you please URGENTLY advise as this impacts WFH?  thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update:  I had a text conversation with VM yesterday re. my intermittent broadband since Monday 15 Nov 2020 and their online engineer confirmed there is an issue in my area due to ongoing improvement works that are impacting Virgin Fibre in this area which I assume is broadband.  His ETA for fix is 29 Nov 2020 9am.  Thanks  

0 Kudos