Menu
Thisdontmatter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband for days

Hi

Our broadband has been intermittent since Thursday afternoon (now Sunday evening). Service status checker shows no fault. I have completed several hub checks, turned off and on, factory reset numerous times. 

i can’t find anywhere to report this problem or any way to speak to anyone. We have a neighbourhood WhatsApp group and numerous other people have been having the same problems so I’m sure it’s not a fault with our equipment. 

what do I do?

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband for days

Intermittent in what sense?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
charles-x-chen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Interesting to see this post as coincidently I also got this problem starting from Thursday. Checking the log at router, I saw a message saying a SW automatic download successful at Wednesday midnight. Not sure what SW has been auto downloaded and installed? That seemed to have caused the issue since it was working fine up to Wednesday.
0 Kudos
Thisdontmatter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All devices (phones, tv, tablet, laptop) are still connected to the router but cannot connect to the internet/load anything for anywhere between 5 minutes to a few hours   Similar issues reported by neighbours. 

router off and on or reset sometimes helps to bring back connection, so I’m pretty sure this is only because it has coincided with a shorter outage. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Thisdontmatter wrote:

All devices (phones, tv, tablet, laptop) are still connected to the router but cannot connect to the internet/load anything for anywhere between 5 minutes to a few hours   Similar issues reported by neighbours. 

router off and on or reset sometimes helps to bring back connection, so I’m pretty sure this is only because it has coincided with a shorter outage. 

Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Thisdontmatter
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think the only wired connection I have are Phillips hue bulbs and I’m not sure if they also drop 

0 Kudos