Menu
jonharvey1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband and sold wrong package?

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction because i'm pulling my hair out here.

A week ago i started getting intermittent connections on my broadband, I have it hard wired to my PC and to my housemates PC aswell (both suffering from the same issue), it works for about 5 minutes then it disconnects for about 30 seconds and then comes on again.

I put in a complaint and was phoned by someone who told me that if i upgraded my package from the 100mbps to the 350mbps then it would fix the problem, i upgraded the package and it is still doing it and i have exactly the same speed on the new package as i did on the old one.

I've reset the router, i've used the little pin hole at the back of it to reset it, i've switched it off at the mains, i've gone into the modem mode and it shows that i have been upgraded in speed even though the speed it exactly the same.

Additionally to this when i contacted live support i got the to cofirm once again that upgrading the package would fix the faulit but it hasn't, i'm certainly not going to be paying the new package price if i don't get any upgrade in speed and the problem still exists.

Does anyone have any other things i can try or may have had this fault resolved before?

0 Kudos
BessieGardner
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband and sold wrong package?

One of the easiest ways for broadband troubleshooting is to check if all the wires Once you have bought the best router for gaming, the next step is to configure its If, after plugging in a few lights are flashing or not glowing, then it might  have used all your data or subscribed to a pack that provides a slower connection.

0 Kudos
jonharvey1000
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The package i bought was not a slower version and everything has been checked.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That is serious mis-selling!

speed increases never improve dropping out internet!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning jonharvey1000,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been experiencing a fault with the services, and that you have seemingly been mis-sold by our team

I've been able to see on your account that you've been able to speak to our team in regards to the package and also notice that an area outage has been cited, and this due to be fixed by 15:00 today

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause you, and hope this issue can be resolved once the outage has been rectified

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@David_Bn

This upselling to customers who phone in with connection problems seems to be a common activity, judging from complaints on here. 

This is entirely unacceptable, either as a company policy or as a result of inadequate staff training.  In either case, Virgin Media are responsible. 

It is time that someone in the company raised this with senior management and got it stopped. Do you or your colleagues have the courage to do this?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post jpeg1,

I understand your frustration and I agree that members of staff that are seen to be mis-selling customers deliberately need to be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

The customer has dealt with members of our team, and I would trust that this is being fed back to the managers of any agents that have behaved in an unprofessional manner. This would then go to an internal investigation, to access the actions that have been taken in this particular instance.

I have personally fed back to multiple other managers over the conduct of staff during my time with Virgin Media - to ensure that they are primarily trained correctly, and secondarily are adhering the rules, regulations and standards that have been put in place at Virgin Media

If the customer is unhappy with the way his complaint has been or is being dealt with, I can take this on and see what further action can be taken to ensure the correct resolution is met

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

jpeg1
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, David_Bn.

jonharvey1000
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i still have the problem so i doubt its down to an area outage as its been going on for over a week now, having to phone back someone today to see what's the next step, as far as the wrong information given on the package, as long as the person in question has been spoken to that is fine, if it was an honest mistake due to training then that is fine, if they are on commision and just wanted the extra sale money then that is something your company needs to address.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon,

Sorry to hear that the issue with your intermittent broadband has still not been resolved.

I've taken a look at your account and seen that the Provisioning Issue has been resolved in the last 10 minutes, how is your service working now?

Serena

0 Kudos