Menu
Kampak83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent and Variable Connection (London, Brent)

Hello,

It's been a few days now that I'm experiencing brief disconnections and variations in download/upload speed, which doesn't have a great impact in casual internet browsing or streaming but it's very disruptive for work as it keeps disconnecting me from company servers and remote desktops.

An online test on Virgin website indicated an issue in broadband affecting customers in the area (although before running the test the indication was that there were no issues in the area). I would like some help please as it has made work in the last days much more difficult.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards

Anastasios

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent and Variable Connection (London, Brent)

I find the most useful and up to date info comes from the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. If there are issues you can "start" the compensation timer from there as well.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kampak83,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issue with the connection.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and can see you're affected by an SNR issue as you've advised, under reference number F008929340.

The estimated fix time/ date for this is 22nd April. The services will be intermittent whilst this is ongoing.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Kampak83
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear Virgin Team

The problem is persistent to this date, more than a week after the date it was expected to be fixed. Could you please provide an update and when we can expect the issue to be resolved as this has been very disruptive.

Thank you in advance for your time 

Jackgillespie
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also am experiencing the exact same issues. When will this be resolved?!

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI @Kampak83 thanks for getting back to us.

I am really sorry that this issue has not been resolved for you.  Upon further checks, the issue my colleague advised you of on 19th April is still ongoing.  The current fix date/time for this is now 5th May 2021 at 5:00pm. 

I am really sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you and your family.

Regards

Lee_R 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jackgillespie thanks for posting.

I am really sorry to hear you're also having issues with your internet connection.  I have located your account and can advise your area is also being impacted by an SNR issue.  This issue reference is: F008990239 and has a current estimated fix time of 6:00pm today.  I am really sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing your household.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos