Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent & Slow Broadband

I'm in Camden area of London and my 200mb broadband has been playing up since Thursday afternoon. I'm an NHS employee and working full-time from home using a secure connection on my NHS laptop which has worked just fine for last 2 years. Since Thursday, my connection is insecure and I cannot access all the hospital systems I need to.

Smart TV and Apple devices all experiencing intermittent and ludicrously slow email.

Have restarted and reset laptop, Hub 3.0 and all devices but no improvement.

Tried the Virgin app for help but ... nothing ... hence this post.

Need this issue sorting asap as I have work to do

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent & Slow Broadband

that should have said 'ludicrously slow connection'
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

All wireless connections

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What's it like on a wired connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Haven't tried yet - will need to look for ethernet cable but am in same room as Hub 3.0 and problem only started on Thursday. Will try to look for cable now.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I tried ethernet cable with work laptop and it doesn't seem to resolve the secure connection issues. The speed may be marginally faster.

Virgin's broadband test says there are interference issues in my area but I can't seem to find any further information on this.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Broadband still acting crazy this morning ... Have been with Virgin since the ‘blueyonder’ days and am shocked by the lack of support/information available to customers struggling with outage issues. Never used to be so bad that the only help customers can get is from volunteers online. Will be writing a strong complaint if someone from Virgin doesn’t contact me today.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Forum rep response times on here is 5-7 days.

What do you mean "secure connection" issues in respect to using a cable?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have a 'PulseSecure' connection to the NHS hospital I work at and can access all the systems I need to, usually. Have had minimal issues over the last 2 years and these issues have been linked to IT issues originating from the hospital's system and not VirginMedia.
Due to the intermittent signal (and whatever other issues are going on), the hospital system is now seeing my connection as 'insecure' and I am being kicked out of applications repeatedly that I previously had no issues accessing.
It's driving me nuts as I can't do my job.

Thank you though for responding though - Branson really ought to be paying you 🙂
0 Kudos