cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Wifi

Randango
Joining in

So I have already had VM techs out twice. Yet my internet is still dropping. I can't stream an episode on my xbox, I can't watch a video or load a web page on my phone. I even know every word to the call centre because I have had to call that many times.

Techs have replaced my hub3 with another hub 3.I already have a wifi pod. They changed the connections of the wires on my wall. Checked the external wires. I am so fed up of calling and not really getting anywhere. Our mobiles 4g is more reliable than a wired connection. Why on Earth am I paying so much money for a service that fails to meet what it should be doing? 

I really don't know what to do. I doubt another tech coming and doing the exact same things as the past 2 is going to make any difference. I am fed up of having to reset my router 3 or 4 times a day to try and get signal for 10 minutes before it drops again (but I do it myself then have to follow VM online service checker). The last time it popped up with "Looks like there’s an intermittent signal issue in your area". Apparently not the whole area, just me. Any advice on what on Earth I can actually do to fix this?! I am losing the will.

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks, how do I do that? I'll try anything.

I'm on hold again at the minute,  but they don't seem to think they'll be able to help. I said I would leave if it didn't get resolved and apparently that might be the best option according to the person on the phone.

Hi @Randango, thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

What was the outcome of the telephone conversation you had yesterday? 

Advice on how to configure advanced settings on the Hub 3 can be found in this article here

Regards,
Daniel

They couldn't find anything to help in the back end so are sending out a senior technician today.

Hi @Randango, thank you for your response.

Please let us know how the technician visit goes today.

Regards,
Daniel

Randango
Joining in

Technician was fab, had a look at all the settings etc and couldn't figure out why it was causing problems. So I now have a hub 5 and no issues. Don't know why it took until the third person to try that, but at least I can now use the internet!

Randango
Joining in

Okay, so hub 5 is now also dropping WiFi. The top error has only occurred once, but the dynamic window has repeatedly happened every day. 

30-08-2023 21:57:11 critical Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

30-08-2023 21:51:32 warning RNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power Exceeds Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

30-08-2023 21:51:32 warning Dynamic Range Window violation

Can anyone explain?

Honestly thought the issue has been fixed but apparently not!

Hi @Randango 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am sorry to hear the drops are still occuring. Is this just over WiFi or are the other wired devices affected?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill