Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent WiFi

Good Morning 

I am have wifi issues with my Hub3. The WiFi is constantly dropping the signal and it's affecting multiple devices. The WiFi drops for a few minutes and then re-connects.

I have tried all the resets and instructions from the virgin Web site and reset the hub several times. I'm not happy as this is an issue affecting my work.

Can someone please advise. 

Thank you. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent WiFi

Are wired connections also dropping and losing connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't think so. The only wired connection is the TV.

Its just a laptop, phone and tablet that all lose connection at the same time. It happens every few minutes and last about 30-40 seconds before it start to reconnect. The setting say its still connected but unable to connect to the Internet.

It unfortunately means it drops any calls or video calls I am on.

Thank you 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try connecting with a cable and see if it still drops. 
Do the lights on the hub change?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can try the laptop but what about the phone and tablet?

Either way this won't fix the issue it just bypasses it. 

If I can't get reliable WiFi then I'll need to change supplier as this isn't a substantial solution. The WiFi is cutting out far to much and something is clearly wrong with either the hub or my Internet supply.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello. 

The laptop seems to work if wire connected. But still dripping out on the tablet and phone. 

The hub has the power light on but no other lights. 

If I reset the hub as instructed to do so via the Web site the WiFi light come on green for a while but then goes off. 

Thank you 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speed and connect isn’t part of your contract.

If you need better WiFi then put the hub into modem mode with your own router or mesh system. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The hub has worked fine for the last 6 months and now has an issue where it is dropping the signal and reconnecting and that's suddenly not part of my contract? I'm trying to establish why it's happening now? The hub is only 6 months old, and hasn't had this issue before. 

Virgin media is proving the hub3 and the Internet connection but refusing to accept responsibility for the WiFi coming from the hub? How can that be correct? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s not “suddenly” not part of your contract - it never has been to begin with.

Your contract is for the line/connection to your property and the hub and the speeds are measured on line speeds and devices wired to the hub directly.

No ISP has WiFi guarantees as part of their contract without charging extra for discs/extenders/boosters etc.

Any number of external and neighbouring issues can effect WiFi connectivity at any given moment. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi SkingleC,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community,  I am sorry to hear your having issues with your WiFi, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all, your levels are all where we expect them to be.

If you are still having issues and you believe something isn't right then I advise you to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos