Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent WiFi

I have had a WiFi problem since January

It turns off daily for a few hours or so "obtaining IP address" 

This has become an everyday scenario

I have done the pin reset several times,spoken over the phone a few times,posted the hub stats on here which were fine,had an online helper look at the stats,again all fine

I've asked for a new hub but that's not forthcoming,I sometimes have a red light on the front,so no internet at all

Mainly the problems the WiFi

Help appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent WiFi

HI Moogera, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the broadband service. What speeds are you getting? Do you have boosters? Are you still having issues with this? Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Thanks for responding

It is mostly the WiFi that disconnects regularly,I get a warning on my phone with a question mark on the WiFi symbol and catch up TV doesn't work on the V6 box

These are the only 2 items connected via WiFi

My pc is a direct wired connection

Download speed is around 90mb on my phone but that's not really an issue isn't speed it's the intermittent disconnection of the WiFi " obtaining IP address" 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can try a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Moogera.

Have you attempted the pin hole reset of the Hub? 

If so and you're still having some issues, could you please post your network logs from your Hub's advanced settings? You can find the information to log into this on the base of your Hub, just copy and paste this information so you can remove any MAC and IP addresses. 

It may also help to run a broadband quality monitor so we can look at any drops. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos