Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent WiFi can’t contact virgin

Can anyone help, weeks of intermittent broadband, can’t watch films or programs, have the top package, can’t get through to virgin, their app diagnoses intermittent fault but just says try again in 24hrs. Never come across such poor customer service, going to leave ASAP but any ideas- gave done the usual restarts factory resets etc, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent WiFi can’t contact virgin

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to our Community Forum fred49 and sorry to hear about the intermittent WiFi connection you're experiencing.

I've had a look at your network details using the information we have on here and can see some issues. Can I ask if you can reboot your Hub for me so I can check the new live details? Your downstream and upstream levels are fine but there's something else I want to see in case a new Hub or engineer visit is required.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We reboot it at least twice a week to get internet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate you've rebooted your Hub fred49 however are you able to try rebooting it now or when it's convenient so I can check something? I ask because the levels look fine but I want to check how the Hub behaves on another system.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi can do it now if it suits? 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi fred49,

Thank you for coming back to us, I sincerely apologise for the delay in responding to you.

The colleague you were speaking with previously isn't on shift at the moment, so I can't confirm exactly what she was planning on doing. However, I have run through thorough checks for both your hub and the local network. There doesn't seem to be any cause for concern when taking a look at our diagnostic tools or other reporting systems. I have been unable to identify any underlying fault with your connection and the hub itself isn't showing any instability on our network.

There is some occasional congestion in the area, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary during the current climate and I certainly wouldn't anticipate the levels to render the service unusable or have any major impact such as you've described.

I appreciate that you've advised you were thinking of leaving. It would be a shame to see you go, but I can appreciate the frustration caused by an unreliable connection. Were you still hoping for a resolution to this?

If so, could you please let me know what the lights on the front of your hub are doing? Have you noticed whether this changes when you lose connection? Could you also confirm whether any ethernet connections are affected or is it just wireless devices?

Would you be happy to set up a BQM to monitor your connection and share your live link with us so we can compare this with any network events?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos